Where to find the static IP addresses?

The documentation says

A list of static IP addresses your instance could be using can be found within the technical section of the instance details page.

Where is “the instance details page?” I cannot find the IP addresses anywhere.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for getting in touch! When logged into Octopus.com using your Octopus ID, you can find the static IPs under the Technical section of your instance. I’ve attached a screenshot below showing what this looks like.

I’m sorry these details weren’t easier to find. I think we’re going to need to update the documentation to hopefully make this more visible. :slight_smile:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. I found the list of static IP addresses for my instance. But when I run a powershell script from an Octopus Deploy process step:

Invoke-RestMethod http://ipinfo.io/json | Select -exp ip

it gives me an IP address of 52.183.95.125 which is not one of the static IP addresses listed for the instance. Later process steps are not able to health-check the website due the worker using an IP address that is not whitelisted due to not being in the list.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for following up! The static IPs are for connections coming from the server, whereas this task is executing from a worker which do not have static IPs. I’m currently reaching out to my team to see if we can provide that for you, but outside of that I think the only option would be to create a worker within your own infrastructure, add it to a new worker pool and amend your deployment process steps to use that new worker pool. That way the worker will have an assigned IP to deploy from.

You can reference our workers documentation page if needed. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. This appears to be a regression. In the past we purchased a static IP for the instance and were able to whitelist it so the Octopus Server could perform health checks. It’d be great if our default worker could have a static IP. Please let me know if this is an option.

Is there a simple way to deploy a worker to Azure? Does it require an entire VM?

Hi Justin,

Thanks for keeping in touch! I just got word back from the engineers who have just finished setting up a static worker for you. The IP address is 52.151.59.181. To use it, you’ll just need to update your projects to use the Hosted Static Worker Pool instead of the Dynamic Worker Pool.

Let me know how you go, or if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you, Kenny. This solves our problem. Your support is the best and I really appreciate you setting up this static worker for us.

Hi Justin,

You’re very welcome! That’s great to hear that helped, and I appreciate the kind words. :slight_smile:

If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Best regards,

Kenny