Where can I find tentacle.exe

I’ve downloaded several zip files from the downloads page, and looked through them as much as I can, but I can’t seem to find this tentacle.exe file anywhere.

I’m looking for it because I’d like to use the command line tool documented here.

Hi Rodesha,

Thanks for getting in touch! In standard installations, Tentacle.exe is located in the Tentacle’s default installation directory: C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle. If you can’t find it there, you can find the path to the executable by viewing the Tentacle’s properties as shown in the screenshot below.

I hope this helps get you going! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny.

Part of that question was related to the issue over here, and the reason I was wondering if about tentacle.exe was because I was hoping I could use it on the webapp server to get the files I need over there.

I couldn’t figure out how to get tentacle.exe to work as a stand-alone, so I went back to trying the ftp method, which seems to have worked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.