When does acquire package execute for a scheduled deployment?

In a scheduled deployment is package acquisition held off until deployment start? If so, is there any way to enable pre-fetching?

One solution I’ve seen mentioned is adding a manual intervention step at the beginning. This would probably work for us, I am just curious if there is a way to do this without a manual step.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for getting in touch! Packages are acquired immediately before the first package step during the deployment. Adding a manual intervention step as the first step in your process and selecting After package acquisition under Package Requirement is usually the recommended approach to pre-fetch the packages. However, scheduling the deployment makes this tricky to automate as the deployment won’t run until the scheduled time comes. Unfortunately I don’t believe there’s a way to automate both together.

There’s an existing (and popular) UserVoice suggestion to allow approvals before the actual deployment which I’d recommend giving some votes to.

I’m sorry it’s not better news for the time being! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.