What is the minimum access permission to assign and execute Manual intervention step?

I have a requirement to add Manual intervention before deploying to Production, this step will be executed by one of our business team.
I noticed that the user must have “Project contributor” role in order to execute the step and this is a security concern here to assign a business user such role.
How can I let the user able to execute the Manual Intervention step without having contribute permission to the full project steps.

Hi @farouk.sabry,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

If you are looking for the minimum permissions for a Manual Intervention step, I would recommend creating a User Role with the following permissions:

With this, the user would be able to approve or cancel manual intervention tasks assigned to the Manual Intervention team. You may broaden this scope slightly by including the “InterruptionSubmit” permission which removes the “designated responsible team” requirement.

I hope this at least works as a good starting point for you. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Donny

1 Like

Thank you @donny.bell for your reply and support, the role worked fine as expected.

1 Like

Hi @farouk.sabry,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m glad to hear that worked for you.

Let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.