I work at a financial institution and we have a lot of requirements around our approval process
- Developers can trigger deployments to Test but QA has to approve them
- Developers can trigger deployments to Staging but Lead Devs and DBAs have to approve them.
- Developers can request a deployment to Production, but the release manager, business owner, and web admin have to approve it.
- Developers can change the deployment process, as they have the most context around what is needed to deploy their application.
- We never want to have the possibility of approvals being skipped. However, developers can simply disable the step.
- We only want to approve once for all the component projects, not for each one.