Web.config file not found

Is there a way to force Octopus to do the IIS Website/WebApplication configuration when a web.config file does not exist?

I know it’s been brought up before. But we are moving more towards .NET Core applications. The existence of a web.config by default in those is gone. I understand using a web.config to adjust IIS settings is needed, but does Octopus have to require that in order to make use of the IIS configuration capabilities?

Hi David,
Thanks for reaching out. Good question. I think the answer to your question is yes, for the most part, but I’d like to know more about the IIS configurations that you have in mind. Are there specific settings that you need to address?

Configuration Transformation is just one of the configuration features you can enable as you define the steps in your deployment process. There are many other features including the IIS Web Site and Application Pool feature that is available on the deploy a package step, as well as the Deploy to IIS step which offers the same features and is designed specifically for IIS deployments.

If you’re not already familiar, take a look at our extensive documentation on IIS Websites and Applications.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there is something specific I did not address.

Kind Regards,
Tina