Way capture the task logs into a file

Hi Team,

As a part of our deployment automation, we are planning to capture the content of task log after every deployment and put the content into a file. I wonder if you have a way to do it.

Thanks,
Pavan.

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for getting in touch! In version 3 of Octopus we store the task logs in a text file already. Do you require them to be stored in a different format?
You can collect your log files with the following link: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Get+the+raw+output+from+a+task
They are stored in C:\Octopus\TaskLogs\ as .txt files

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for or if it helps.

Regards,
Daniel

Hey,

Thank you so much for getting back, that can be a solution if we want to do it manually but we need this task log file as a part of our automation, in which we are planning to place the task log file in a shared location so that, the respective teams (developers and dba’s) can get/fetch it from there after every automated deployment (we want this as a part of the automation).

Do you have any other way where the file will be automatically downloaded/stored somewhere after every deployment other than doing it manually.

Thanks,
Pavan Kumar Polneni.

Hi Pavan,

What we may not have made very clear is that all of our deployment logs are written to text files and stored on disk (not in the database).
If you check the path that Daniel mentioned (C:\Octopus\TaskLogs) you will see all the files. You can access them.
You could even set this path to be a shared drive. I think the only issue would be if it is in a format that you find unreadable. It depends on what you will need it for.

Please let me know if we have both completely missed the point! And maybe provide a bit more information of what you are specifically after and your use for it.

Thanks!
Vanessa