Warning: No enabled compatible agents for this build configuration. Please register a build agent or tweak build configuration requirements

I have installed Team city and octopus product on my local system.
I have configure both octopus and team city , also able to create connection with TFS /set environments etc.
I am not able to run the team city project after adding send build as “OctopusDeploy: Create release “

Please find the attached image for ref.

We are waiting for your quick response.

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for getting in touch. A couple of questions about your setup:

I have installed Team city and octopus product on my local system.
When you say local system, do you mean your local workstation running a non-server version of Windows? Do know that we only support Octopus running on Windows Server machines. While we have seen it work in non-server Windows, those OS versions are not part of our test battery and we do not support them.

I have configure both octopus and team city , also able to create connection with TFS /set environments etc.

How is it that you are using TeamCity and TFS at the same time? Usually people use one or the other, so I’m interested in knowing for what do you use each build server.

I am not able to run the team city project after adding send build as “OctopusDeploy: Create release “ Please find the attached image for ref.

Can’t see any images attached. But for this we’d need to see your TeamCity build log instead of a screenshot.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi again!

As soon as I sent that reply, I noticed that you added an important bit of information on the thread subject instead of in its body:

Warning: No enabled compatible agents for this build configuration. Please register a build agent or tweak build configuration requirements.

This basically means that you do not have a build agent in TC with all the components needed to run the build you want. If you are trying to compile a .NET project, 9/10 times that error means that the agent doesn’t have the full .NET framework on it, or that it doesn’t have the necessary MS Build Tools version installed. I’m sure that you’ll find plenty of good help about this particular error in Jetbrain’s forum for TeamCity :slight_smile: