Waiting for the script in task ServerTasks-36100 to finish as that script requires that no other Octopus scripts are executing on this target at the same time

cannot find the task

Hey @jweaver1,

First of all, welcome to the Octopus forums!

Thanks for reaching out.

I believe what you are experiencing is this github issue: Link to ServerTasks-ID in log doesn't include Space-ID · Issue #6249 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub

Can you please give that a look and let me know if your situation differs than the one in the GitHub issue?

Best,
Jeremy

it is different. My task is even deleted. (I deleted as attempt to fix the hanging)

Hi @jweaver1,

Thanks for clarifying.

In this case, you will likely need to restart the Tentacle/Worker service on the machine that the task is running on.

Would you please give that a try and let me know if it allows the other task to move?

Best,
Jeremy

This resolved it.

Hey @jweaver1,

That’s great news thanks for letting me know you’re in a good state.

Please let us know if you run into any other snags.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi @jweaver1,

Does this project also get deployed to other targets that don’t have the issue, or does this project only hit this one target?

If other targets have no issues with this project it might be worth it for us to purge the tentacle and reinstall it as something might be wrong with it. If it’s not a big undertaking for you, it might be worth a try even if there aren’t other “good” tentacles to compare against. Manually uninstall Tentacle - Octopus Deploy

Does it hang on the same spot every time? Are you able to DM me or attach a full task log to take a look at the point at where it hangs?

Please let me know what you think.

Best,
Jeremy

We found the issue. It was related to our deployment package. There was an infinite loop in a buried query. Thank you for all the help

Hey @jweaver1,

You’re very welcome.

Thanks so much for the update on what caused it. You never know when we’ll be able to use it to help someone else.

I hope you have a great week. Please reach out to us if you hit any other snags.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.