Viewing active deployment for a given project (not just latest attempt)

Scenario: You attempt to deploy a release of a given project to a given environment (say, production); that deployment has a manual intervention step, and that step is aborted.

Result: The dashboard shows the release # for the attempted release, but that it failed.

That’s useful, but what is the best way to see what release is currently deployed in a given environment after a deployment fails? I can:

• View the deployment history for a given project, but that shows all deployments to all environments, which can be a pain to sift through if you only care about production and there’s a bunch of dev deployments in there.
  • View the history for a given release, but my active production release might several behind dev. Also, there’s no proving that you didn’t deploy 1.2 again after deploying 1.5 before, so I technically have to check every release to find the latest deployment to production.

Am I stuck "Ctrl-F"ing on the main project page for deployments to a given environment to see the latest successful (and thus currently active) one? That only shows a certain number of deployments, so in some cases you could be stuck paging through the audit logs, searching for the last successful deployment. There must be a better way.

Thanks for getting in touch Eric - unfortunately there isn’t a better option in the app currently from what you’re using, but this is on our radar and is something we intend to sort out in the near future.

Regards,
Nick

Fair enough, I appreciate the candid info. Other than that minor gripe, the tool is great!

Isn’t there even a way of doing this via the command line?

I know that there is octo.exe list-latestdeployments. Can I trust that the first deployment there with State=Success is the latest version deployed?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! list-latestdeployments does order them via most recent date.

Vanessa