Versioning scheme

Hi Team,

We are using Visual studio 2017 and .net Framework to build our application , recently we faced an issue with our versioning where we were not albe to build the code using incremental change sets. This issue was caused because version number range in .net framewok is limited to a maximum value of 65535.

1. First we commented the below assembley version and assembley file version and we were able to build but we were not able to push our build package to octopus.

2. Then we editied the versioning scheme in our Shared Assembley.cs file from

[assembly: AssemblyVersion(“1.0.0.0”)]
[assembly: AssemblyFileVersion(“1.0.0.0”)]

to

[assembly: AssembleyVersion(“1.0.*”)]
[assembly: AssemblyFileVersion(“1.0.2023.1”)]

And we were able to build but it is not pushing the code to Octopus, could you please help us on this.

Note : Old versions of build numbers are being pushed to octopus but new version are not getting pushed. Change set numbers greater than 65500 are not getting pushed.

Hi @nsidsri,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support, and I’m sorry you’re having this issue pushing packages to your Octopus instance.

I want to gather some additional information for our investigation. Could you tell me which version of Octopus you’re on and which version of the Octopus task in TFS you’re using?

Could you also send us the complete build log from the successful and failed pushes? I will send you a secure upload link you can use to send us those files.

I look forward to hearing back, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Dan

Hi Dan,

Please ignore this as this got resolved . I guess it was a one time issue.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.