Version range in CLI create-release fonction

Is it possible to specify a version range to create a release for the latest version (in the range) when using CLI create-release fonction? I know that I can use Channel to specify version range, but if i don’t want to create a channel for each version, how can i do that.

Our version to test in CI is 10.0.x, 10.1.x, 10.2.x, etc.

Hi Serge,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to say there’s no way to specify a version range in the octo create-release command, and I imagine the closest to what you’re after is to specify the individual package version via --package=PackageID:Version argument.

Generally with requirements like this, we do often suggest the use of the channels feature in order to control which package versions are used between them. These rules can have a large version range defined (along with controlling based on pre-release tag), so they should be longer lived than a channel for just a single version.

I’d be interested to hear more about your requirements and goals, and we’ll be happy to help model the best approach. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps for now, and I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your solution and use large version range based on tags and this is a great solution for us. Now, I use those version tags in all our AzureDevOps pipeline’s jobs and maintenance is greatly facilitated.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi Serge,

That sounds great! Thanks for letting me know, and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.