Version Migration

I´m currently on versio 2.6 and I woul like to migrate to the lastest version. What´s the best way to do that?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Upgrading from 2.6 can be a little bit of a process, however we have extensive documentation to guide you though this process.

Some things to note before you start! :slight_smile:

• Make sure you have everything backed up. (Database, master key, Octopus folders (C:\Octopus - In the default installation)
  • Do not upgrade directly to latest version of Octopus. Your upgrade from 2.6 should be performed in stages. We recommend 2.6 > 3.0.26 > 3.17.17 to be on the safe side.
  • Make sure everything is planned (upgrade method from below docs) and ready before the upgrade and migration so everything goes smoothly.

We have a good section in our documentation which has the available upgrade methods from 2.6.

If you have read through our documentation and find that you have any questions at all, get stuck, or just want to let us know your thoughts on the upgrade, please let me know. :slight_smile:

I hope the upgrade all goes well!

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.