Version cannot contain spaces

We have a project that has been replaced by a newer project and when trying to rollback to a previous release, the deployment is giving us an error that the version cannot contain spaces. image The deployment creation seems to trigger the error when we assign the Tenant or Tenant Tag. The release number doesn’t have any spaces in it. What is meant by version in this error message? We are running Octopus on prem, 2020.6.4722.

Hi @cmuesing,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

If possible, could you run a SQL query in SSMS, save the results, then share it via PM? Here is the query:

select * from Release where [Version] like ‘% %’

If you require a more secure upload method, just let me know.

Regards,
Donny

Hi Donny. That worked perfectly and I see the offending release from 2.5 years ago. Can I just delete that release from our interface or should I delete it from the Release table? Or maybe edit it and remove the space?

Hi @cmuesing,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I would recommend just deleting the offending release via the UI.

Let me know if that unblocks you.

Regards,
Donny

The UI couldn’t read the release since it was malformed. I fixed it in the release table and then could delete it. Thanks for your quick response Donny and the perfect pointer to finding the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.