Variables in git does not allow AWS Account to be selected

We are running version 2022.3.10640 in an HA configuration. we have a project where the variables are in git. There is a variable that is of type AWS Account and we can no longer select that account in the ‘Run an AWS CLI Script’ Step Template

Please advise

looks like it may be related to this: Azure account not showing on Terraform steps when VCS is enabled - Octopus Cloud - Octopus Deploy however the issue we are having is with an AWS account not an Azure one.

Please note this is a blocking issue for us and preventing teams from moving forward

Hi @lbrody,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support, and I’m sorry to see that you’re having this issue.

This is a known bug (Steps will not pull in AWS or Azure Account variables after they are converted to version control · Issue #7788 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub), which luckily does have a workaround you can use to move forward. You should be able to bind your account variable manually, like in my example below.

Variable:
Step settings:

Once you save those changes, you should see that the step correctly references your account variable. Please let me know if this works for you or if you have anything else we can help with.

Thanks!
Dan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.