Variable Snapshot usability

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but i cant seem to post in ‘Usability’ category.
When looking at a variable snapshot the ‘value’ field can only be so big, when looking at something like a connection string or encrypted value or something else LONG there is no easy way from the GUI to grab that to validate what it is set to. It would be nice if we could get a ‘read only’ version of the Edit variable box or something else to easy to pull out those long values.
thanks
tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in touch! Posting in this category as you’ve done is great. :slight_smile:

I appreciate you taking the time to provide this input. The variable snapshot view is essentially a ‘read only’ version, and currently when hovering over the value, the full value will be displayed. I’ve attached a screenshot showing how this looks.

We’ve also been working on some changes around the variable snapshot and how they’re displayed, and you can refer to the following issue.

One idea here is to add a ‘more’ link in the variable to display its full value which may be closer to what you’re after? Feel free to add your thoughts to this issue if you’d like.

I hope this helps for the time being! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns going forward.

Kind regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenneth,
Yes we do know about the mouse over / hovering text however for something like an encrypted string I need to copy it and decrypt it to answer the question of what it is / if its what I expect, ect. The ‘more’ link would work I guess it depends on what it does. Ill go chime in on the GIT discussion.
thanks
tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for following up and providing that input on the issue. Feel free to track that issue for updates, and don’t hesitate to reach out here if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny