Variable Set scoping

We have a project that has a variable set attached to it. In that variable set we have a prompted variable scoped to ‘Production’. We also have a runbook under this project that doesn’t need the variable set at all. We can’t run the runbook under a trigger in production because the scoped variable isn’t set. Is there any kind of workaround for that scenario.

Hi Albert,

Thanks for getting in touch! Would you be able to confirm which version of Octopus you are currently running?

I have just tested this in Octopus version 2021.1.7665 and it appears to work for me without any issues. I had a look through our previously resolved issues and noticed there were a couple we have fixed which looked potentially related.

If you are on a recent version of Octopus and running into this error, would you be able to provide some screenshots of the error and provide some further information about how you are triggering the runbook?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.