Variable for specific tenant only

Hi,

We have a multi-tenant pipeline which we use for multiple clients. Have tenant variables works well for things that all tenants use (DB connection string, API creds, etc), but we have the situation where we want to have some variables for individual tenants.
The use case is that some tenants will have specific modules that are pulled in, and these modules need specific configuration to be inserted to a config file. I don’t want to set the variable at the project level, because this would mean that every tenant in the project would have the variable, even if these other tenants didn’t need this particular variable.

Thanks

Hi Euan,

Thanks for getting in touch! I see what you mean, though the possible ways to achieve this probably aren’t the most ideal. While you can scope project variables to tenant tags, I would guess the best option would be to create a new variable with a default value (that does nothing) that’s overridden only for the tenants that need it. Would that be an acceptable way to approach this?

Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions or concerns going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Ken,

Yes, thanks for your response, I think that’s the approach we’ll take; and if any tenants start varying too wildly we’ll set up separate projects.

Thanks,
Euan

Hi Euan,

You’re very welcome. That sounds good, thanks for letting me know. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.