V2019.3.1 LST Upgrade Failing (from 2018.10.0 LST)

During the process of upgrading our dev Octopus instance from ‘v2018.10.0 LST’ to ‘2019.3.1 LST’ I received the following error:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: ServerTenantId
Error: at System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName)
Error: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name)
Error: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_Item(String name)
Error: at Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0187ArtifactCleanup.<>c.b__0_1(IDataRecord record)
Error: at Octopus.Core.Initialization.DbCommandExecutor.d__51.MoveNext() Error: at System.Collections.Generic.List1…ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) Error: at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
Error: at Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0187ArtifactCleanup.Execute(IDbCommandExecutor commandExecutor, IUpgradeLog log)
Error: at Octopus.Core.Initialization.DbCommandUpgradeScriptResolver.Execute(Func1 commandFactory, IUpgradeLog log) Error: at Octopus.Core.Initialization.DatabaseUpgrader.OctopusUpgradeScriptExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<ExecuteDbCommandUpgradeScript>b__0(Func1 commandFactory)
Error: at DbUp.Engine.Transactions.SingleTrasactionStrategy.Execute(Action1 action) Error: at Octopus.Core.Initialization.DatabaseUpgrader.OctopusUpgradeScriptExecutor.ExecuteDbCommandUpgradeScript(IConnectionManager connectionManager, IJournal journal, IUpgradeLog log, IDbCommandUpgradeScript upgradeScript) Error: at Octopus.Core.Initialization.DatabaseUpgrader.OctopusUpgradeScriptExecutor.Execute(SqlScript script, IDictionary2 variables)
Error: at DbUp.Engine.UpgradeEngine.PerformUpgrade()

Prior to the upgrade I ran a system integrity check and everything looked good. Please review and provide suggestions.

Hi @snaulls

Sorry that you had a bad experience here. We’ve identified there is definitely an issue that we need to resolve.

If you follow the GitHub issue that I linked you will be notified when we resolve the issue.

Thanks for your patience,

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex. I’ll keep an eye out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.