V2018.3.3 VariableEdit Permission Required

Hello,

We are getting the error described below since upgrading to v2018.3.2 and continuing after upgrading to v2018.3.3:

The v3.3 fix says that “if a user has the VariableEdit permission, but the user is scoped to a project, the user is unable to” but in our environment we are still seeing the issue in 2018.3.3. In our environment, users have the rights to edit variables that are scoped to our lower environments (Dev, QA) but not Staging and Production. Could this issue be fixed for project scoping but perhaps still be occurring for environment scoping?

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry you’re hitting this issue! When testing this in my local instance (v2018.3.3), scoping a team to individual environments, I’m unable to replicate this behavior. Would you be able to provide an export of this user’s permissions? You can get that in your web portal under Configuration > Test Permissions and selecting the user. This should help me more accurately replicate your environment. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Kenneth,

Thanks for following up. I had the individual test again this morning and it is working fine now. It looks like upgrading from 2018.3.2 to 2018.3.3 was the fix - I had him log out/back in yesterday after the upgrade, but maybe something got lost in the mix or perhaps we needed to close out of IE. Sorry for the false alert and thanks again for your help.

Nick

Hi Nick,

You’re very welcome! No worries about the false alert - I’m glad to hear it’s actually resolved for you. :slight_smile:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns in the future.

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.