Using variable to reference Package feed

I use a variable on my package deployment step to select a different package feed depending on the target environment.
This worked fine till Octopus version Octopus.2019.13.7.

I updated to version Octopus.2020.1.16 .
I now have this error message displayed on top of the page each time I click on “Deployments-Process”:
“An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2020.1.16: The resource ‘#{WSFProjectFeed}’ was not found.”

This variable is defined with an unscoped value and with a scoped environent related value.

The deployment itself is working well.

Best Regards
Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this confusing and misleading error, but great to hear you’ve found the variable evaluates as expected during deployments. This is actually a known bug that I’ve previously raised at the following link.

I’ve linked to this thread for additional context as we work on fixing it. If you have any further questions or concerns moving forward, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,
Thanks for your feedback.
Best Regards
Antonio

Hi Antonio,

You’re quite welcome. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Antonio,

Kenny passed on the issue you have been facing over to me to look into. I am sorry that you ran into this problem.

I am pleased to let you know that we have resolved this issue in v2020.1.18. It is now available to install from our downloads page. The page can be found here - https://octopus.com/downloads.

Hope this resolves the bug without having to resort to workarounds! Please feel free to reach out in case you have any further issues.

Kind regards,
Kartik

Hi Kartik,
Updated with the provided version and issue was gone:slight_smile:
Thanks for your quick fix.
Regards
Antonio

Hi Antonio,

I appreciate you keeping in touch and letting us know the outcome here. Great to hear it resolved the issue! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.