Using different deployment targets to executed multiple 'Deploy a Release' steps in a project

Hi,

I am having 3 “Deploy a Release” steps in a Octopus project. I need to deploy each steps in a different Azure WebApp. How can achieve the this.

For example I have an octopus project named ‘Fruit’, and I have 3 steps in the project, each one to “Deploy a Release”
Step 1: Apple - To be deployed on an Azure Web-app ‘Alpha’ in Dev Environment.
Step 2: Orange - To be deployed on an Azure Web-app ‘Bravo’ in Dev Environment.
Step 3: Mango - To be deployed on an Azure Web-app ‘Charlie’ in Dev Environment.

All the azure web apps are under the same account. Kindly help.

Hi @Debolin_Dhar,

Thanks for getting in touch! When using the deploy a release step, Octopus will identify where the project you are deploying a release for is currently scoped to deploy.

So if your Project Apple was configured to deploy to your Azure Web-app: Alpha, then the Deploy a Release step should deploy the latest release of the Apple project to Azure Web-app: Alpha.

So essentially, wherever you have the Child project configured to deploy, the Fruit project will deploy it there.

Does this help? If I have missed something here, or if you are having trouble with this, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.