User History after user is deleted

Hello
We are reaching our licence limits, we have a number of users who have been synced from Active Directory that are no longer active.
Disabling the user in AD prevents them from logging in, but it does not remove the user from Octopus, which means it still counts to the licence usage.

If we delete the user from Octopus, what does that do in terms of user history, will we still be able to see “deployment triggered by Joe Bloggs”, or will it say user unknown or the like.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch! You’re correct that disabling the user in Active Directory doesn’t remove the user in Octopus. If you delete the Octopus user, that user’s details will still be recorded. For example, using 3.17.5 in my instance, I’ve attached a screenshot of the audit log after deleting newuser.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny, that’s good to know

One other question, is the a way of checking the licence usage? I cant see the total number of projects, machines and users unless I manually count them.

Mark

Hi Mark,

You’re very welcome! Currently there’s no way to see exact license usage details from the web portal, but there’s a UserVoice suggestion to add this to Octopus which could some more votes.

However, you should be able to get this info using the API as shown in the following link.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny