Use the SQL Change Automation step templates

Hi Team,

While deploying the package of Sql Change Automation in System Testing server through OCTOPUS deployment tool, we are getting the below error in Step (Redgate - Create Database Release).

We have created below Steps for Sql Change Automation deployment as suggested below link:

https://documentation.red-gate.com/display/SCA3/Use+the+SQL+Change+Automation+step+templates

**Error: New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact : Cannot bind parameter ‘TransactionIsolationLevel’ to the target. Exception setting **
"TransactionIsolationLevel": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

For better understanding, please find the server task log file.
ServerTasks-23593.log.txt (50.5 KB)

Thanks & Regards,
Ayan

Hi Ayan,

Can you add the OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables variable with a value of True to your project and create a new release and deploy that. Then send through the raw log from that deployment and an export of your Redgate - Create Database Release step template.

Thank you,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your reply.

As suggested, I have added the OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables variable with a value of True to my project.
I have attached the RAW log file.
ServerTasks-23779.log.txt (361.6 KB)

Below screenshot is for Redgate - Create Database Release step template.

Thanks & Regards,
Ayan

Could you try this for me, update the transaction level isolation from Serializable to any of the other values and save the step, then change it back to Serializable and save again and create a new release and deploy that.

I can’t find that value in the variables that were printed, which is odd as it should be available so am thinking that it might be an issue with the step template.

Hi Henrik,

Thanks a lot for resolving the issue in Redgate - Create Database Release step template.

This time, We are getting the below error in step Redgate - Deploy from Database Release.

For better understanding, please find the server task log file.
ServerTasks-23784.log.txt (372.1 KB)

Thanks & Regards,
Ayan

Looking at the error message (MigrationLogStateNotIdentical, description: Indicates that the state of two migration log tables are not the same.), it seems to indicate that the migration log tables between your source database (RMSCA) and the destination database (RM_SCA_TargetforTFS) don’t match.

As this is a RedGate specific error message, you might have a better chance of getting an answer to the issue using their forum.

Thanks,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your reply, above issue has been resolved.

Now, we are getting below error in Step Redgate - Deploy from Database Release.

For more details, please find the server task log file.
ServerTasks-24105.log.txt (369.1 KB)

Thanks & Regards,
Ayan

This is why

15:09:22   Info     |         VERBOSE: Msg 15023, Level 16, State 1, Server IBLPN1B6RMDB01, Line 1
15:09:22   Info     |         VERBOSE: User, group, or role 'ITLINFOSYS\_TFSPROXY_TSG' already exists in the current database.
15:09:22   Info     |         WARNING: C:\Users\_TFSPROXY_TSG\AppData\Local\Temp\DLM
15:09:22   Info     |         Automation\1sgjpkhw.djp\Migrations\005_20180808-1322_Ayan-Biswas01.sql: An error occurred while attempting to deploy
15:09:22   Info     |         project scripts:
15:09:22   Info     |         WARNING: Msg 15023, Level 16, State 1, Server IBLPN1B6RMDB01, Line 1
15:09:22   Info     |         WARNING: User, group, or role 'ITLINFOSYS\_TFSPROXY_TSG' already exists in the current database.

Thanks,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thank you so your support and help.

We have completed the database deployment with SCA (SQL Change Automation) through Octopus Deploy.

Much appreciated…!! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ayan

Hi Ayan,

Great to hear that your issues have been resolved!

Cheers,
Henrik

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.