Use methods and functions in variable in octopus

Team,

Is there any possibility that we can use methods and functions in octopus. for example we have multiple tenants like GENAURA , GENAURA ,EUANNA and environment like CID42 , CID43 ,CIT43 and so on.

our application service account uses a combination of these . for example application pool service account for a an application called “SAM” will be “SVR_CID42URA_SAM” and as you can see services account name is a combination of SVR (represent it’s a service account) + CID42 (environment name) + UAR (last three letter of tenant).
So instead of putting service account values for all environment + tenant. we like to know if there is any possibility that for tenat we can trim it’s value at variable level so it’s take last 3 letter.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

What I think you would want to do here is create a project variable, and use either regex, or Variable Filters to put the three variables together within one project variable in the desired format.

Could you give that a look and let me know if you think it will work for you.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.