Upload to tentacle very slow

My package upload to my tentacle is very slow and I noticed the tentacle keeps throwing errors in the Event log:

2014-01-28 13:55:17.1717 ERROR Unhandled error when processing request from client
System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp.Server.SecureTcpServer.ExecuteRequest(TcpClient client) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp\Server\SecureTcpServer.cs:line 109

These are getting thrown every 10 seconds, sometimes 2 at a time. What can I check here?

Hi Gavin,

Is it possible there’s still a 1.6 Octopus server trying to connect to the same Tentacles?

Regards,
Nick

Yes, I believe it is possible…

If so, shutting down the other Octopus server should improve things - there’s a bit of overhead with each incoming failed request. Do you need a hand to track it down? WE have an exe that will log the IPs of incoming connections at the Tentacle side, if that would help.

Regards,
Nick

No, I made sure it was off…

Hi Gavin, is it possible the same machine has been added to the Octopus server twice, with different thumbprints? Or that the Tentacle was created using a cloned VM?

Grabbing the OctopusTentacle.txt log file and either attaching it or emailing it to me (nblumhardt@ our domain) could help narrow down the culprit.

Regards,
Nick