Upload Offline Deployment Package to Blob storage

Hi

There might be a better way to do this, but I thought I’d ask.

We’re trying to use virtual machines in the cloud to run a windows server. I would like the ability to create a new VM instance and have the latest version of the service installed before the service runs. One thought of how to do this is to store the service in Blob storage (we are using Azure).

I had thought it would be nice to store the offline deployment package in blob storage, since it encapsulates the installation, configuration etc of the service, and included pre and post deployment scripts for us.

However I cannot find a way of running a ‘post deployment’ script that would run after the deployment package is generated?

Am I overthinking this, or would the azure powershell script work (would the offline package have been created when that gets run?)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Using an Azure Powershell Script step would be the way to go here. As long at all the steps that are supposed to run in the Offline drop run before the Azure script step, this should work with no problems.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Thanks. Now I just need to work out how to zip and upload the file :slight_smile: