Upgrade version 2.6.5 to latest version

Hi we are about to upgrade version 2.6.5 to the latest version of octopus.

I have looked into this article Upgrade from 2.6 and from that article i have understood that Approach 1 is the easiest and safest. So i am about to install a new version of octopus on a new server, but when i click that link uprade to a new version from the article I am redirected to install version 3.x. Is it not possible to go directly from 2.6.5 to the latest version? Do i have to go to 3.x and then upgrade from 3.x to the latest version?

Thanks in advance

Hi Robin,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Since you are currently utilizing an Octopus version older than 3.17.0, I would recommend updating to at least this version, from this point you should be able to update to the latest version of 2018.3.11 without issue.

The most significant change would be the new UI introduction in 4.0.0 coming from any version of 3.x or older.

I would still recommend that you ensure a backup of the database is taken prior to updating, however.

I’ve also included a link to our documentation regarding Upgrading here also,

I hope this helps!

If you require any further assistance or clarification please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.