Upgrade to 2018.3.6 Re-index built-in package repository running

We have upgraded from 3.17.13 and now seeing a task running Re-index built-in package repository
Also set a trial deploy but this is now held pending completion of the reindex

Is there any way to expedite or postpone the reindex. Or allow the pending jobs to continue?

Ran the same upgrade on a test server yesterday, however the reindex is still running (for 13 hours)

by way of update, by build did start while reindex was running, but there was a delay. Any comments would be appreciated

Hi @andybates,

Thanks for getting in touch! Recently we changed how Octopus encodes package names to fix some common encoding issues we had. I believe this process could be related to the change. If you have a large amount of packages then I believe a re-index would take quite a while. Though 13 hours is a long time.

If the task is finished by now would you be able to attach the task log for the re-index task? (This will help even if the task is still running)

It may also help if you could attach the task log for the deployment which had the delay in starting.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel

The reindex on Prod ran quicker in around 1.5 hours as it didn’t have as much to do as our test system
On the Test server, to trial the upgrade we had recovered the DB and drives from prod snapshots which may not have quite been in sync. So I guess there may have been more for the reindex to do.

It was worrying for a while while I had a deployment queued up behind the reindex though, but this did start a while later

Best Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear the task has finished without any other issues. :slight_smile:

Please feel free to get in touch at any time if you have any questions or issues.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.