Upgrade advise

I have version 3.3.11 of Octopus Deploy installed on our server but I need to upgrade to version 3.7 to enable it to be compatible with Redgate SQL Automation Suite

What is the recommended upgrade strategy? Can I simply install version 3.7 over the top of 3.3.11 or do I need to install another intermediate version, as per the advise in this support ticket: Upgrade from 2.65 to latest version

Regards

David Guest

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Version 3.x is classed as a “modern” version, so you can upgrade to any newer version by just downloading and running the installing.
It would be worth familiarising yourself with our upgrade guide beforehand though: https://octopus.com/docs/administration/upgrading/guide

Best regards,
Paul

Hi Paul

I’m wondering what version Octopus Deploy server to install that is fairly recent. and I’ve noticed that there are some versions of Octopus that have a dependency on .NET Framework.

So my question is what is the highest version of Octopus Server that can be run on .NET Framework 4.6.1 which is the version on our current Octopus Server.

Also, is this framework requirement also on the Tentacles?

Many thanks

David Guest

Hi David,

These are the .NET Framework version requirements for Octopus Server.

For the Tentacles, they all work with .NET Framework 4.5.2 or higher. We haven’t increased this requirement since version 3.1.

So, 2019.6.15 is likely the version you’re looking for.

Regards,
Paul