"Upgrade a Helm Chart" task does not replace variables in values.yaml

I’ve tried everything to get Octopus to replace #{} variables in the values.yaml file of my helm package using the “Upgrade a Helm Chart” task, but without luck. In the end I created a extra file called MyValues.yaml, and specified that in the “Files in Chart Package” section using “./[packageName]/MyValues.yaml”

Sharing this in case I can help someone else not spend an hour trying to get this to work! Also, would be nice to know if this is a known bug, or if I’m missing a trick.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry that this isn’t working well for you, but also glad that you’ve got a workaround for now. I’m going to try to reproduce this one myself and see if I can get to the bottom of the issue here. I’ll let you know how I go.

Kind regards,
Andrew.

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to let you know that we’re treating this as a bug and added it to our backlog. There’s no ETA for when we’ll fix this, but if you’d like to track progress on this, you can follow the Github issue here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/6476

To help us fix this issue, can you please let me know what version of Octopus Server you’re using?

Thanks for reaching out for support, and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Andrew.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.