Updated Rest API to include Multi-Tenants

Is there any updated documents on Octopus’ Rest API to include the new feature Multi-Tenants. We have automated our deployment process and these changes will affect this process. We need the new proxy support feature so waiting a couple of months to upgrade isn’t really an option.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you use the C# Client SDK it’s all updated and even easier to use than ever, especially for tenants, and we’ll be releasing more samples and documentation soon.

We have to update the Octopus REST API docs manually, and being manual we neglected to do so as part of releasing 3.4. We’ll take care of it next week.

Regarding “waiting a couple of months to upgrade” - what would delay your upgrade? The proxy support is already shipped as part of 3.4, and Octopus is always built API-first, so everything you can do through the UI can be done via the API. I’d be very interested to help you get started with your upgrade as soon as possible!

Hope that helps!
Mike

Hi Mike,

We use the Rest API through Powershell and Java so the C# SDK won’t work us. If you are going to update the documentation in the next week, that will be good.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

I’ve completed updating the API docs, for example: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/OctopusDeploy-Api/wiki/Tenants

The API docs should prove helpful, but I highly recommend recording the API traffic between the Octopus HTML/JS portal and the Octopus Server while you manually configure a tenant and its variables etc. This will show the relationship and flow more clearly compared to the static documents. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!
Mike

Thanks Mike