Update variables

Hi Team,

Is there any way to skip “Only Project variables” from Update Variable before re-deployoing application.

and moreover i need to know whether we have option to customize “update Variable” of project as per our need.

Thanks
Santhosh Shet

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks for getting in touch! Currently there is no way to customize the “update variable” feature, or decide what is updated. This feature is fairly simple and retakes the variable snapshot for a created release, which is somewhat counter to our idea that releases should be read-only in Octopus.

I’m curious as to your requirements for selectively updating the variable snapshot in your deployment, if you could share some more details about what you need to achieve here, I may be able to help. :slight_smile:

If you have any further thoughts or questions here, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

i wish to exclude only some Project variable (i.e Variable - > Project -> xyz) from “update variable” function , because
Issue can be avoided if there is a way to skip variables which comes under “Variables -> Project” section while refreshing all variables during propagation.

Thanks
Santhosh Shet

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.