Update Variables in another Project

Hi,

Is it possible to update variables in Project B from Project A?

Thanks,
Bhavanari

Hi Bhavanari,

Thanks for getting in touch! To ensure I fully understand your question and requirements, could you expand on you’re wanting to accomplish? Any additional information will help get you to the best possible solution. :slight_smile:

If you’re wanting to update variables in Project B from Project A during a deployment, there’s no way to update variables from another project in this scenario.

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Kenny,

For the Tenanted deployments, we are trying to send one consolidated email for which i thought of storing the information in other project and trigger it at the end. We tried subscriptions but it lacks some important information like User, and Channel. Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Bhavanari

Hi Bhavanari,

Thanks for following up and providing a bit more context. The short answer is that there’s nothing built-in to Octopus that can accomplish this, but it’s possible via the API.

The difficulty here comes from the fact that each tenant gets a separate deployment, and there’s no way to synchronize them. An email step would then mean one email per tenant.

When I discussed your question with my team, they had an interesting idea. What you could do is use a prompted variable in your second project. If you know the release version, you can find the deployment via the API, specify it and tell it to send an email for these tenants that have this version deployed.

Let me know if this helps answer your question. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny