Unrecognized command line arguments: --clean when calling migrator.exe

hi there,

When I make the following call, I got an exception like “Unrecognized command line arguments: --clean”:

C:"Program Files\Octopus Deploy"\Octopus\Octopus.Migrator.exe export --clean --directory=“d:\OctopusExport” --password=blahblah

Does anyone know why?

Thank you,
Dong

Hi Dong,

Thanks for getting in touch. That’s certainly unexpected! I’m unable to reproduce this issue in my local instance (running 2020.2.16) and the --clean argument is recognized on my export. Can you let me know which version of Octopus you’re currently running? I’ll have a dig through the history of this command, as maybe it was added in a later version than what you’re running? It’ll at least allow me to attempt to reproduce this in the correct version. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

hi,

We are running 3.10 currently. Specifying “instance” in the call seems having no effect in getting rid of the exception.

Thanks for help!
Dong

Hi Dong,

Thanks for following up so quickly! I had a look at the release notes stretching back to before 3.10 and it looks like this --clean argument in the migrator’s export command was added in server version 3.11.13. You can reference the issue here.

If you’re unable to upgrade to latest, you can also find all previous versions available for download at the following link.

I hope that helps! Let me know how you go, or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you so much Kenny. We will upgrade very soon.

Dong

Hi Dong,

You’re very welcome! If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.