Unknown Error on Deployment

Hi I am trying to deploy an application to one of our servers. It deploys fine in one environment, but when I promote it to another I get an Unknow Error message at the time it should go look for the PostDeploy.ps1 script. I have googled and searched but have found nothing similar to this. Below is what I see
2012-12-11 19:37:50 DEBUG Looking for PowerShell scripts named Deploy.ps1
2012-12-11 19:37:50 DEBUG No scripts ending with Deploy.ps1 were found.
2012-12-11 19:37:50 ERROR System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error (0x80005000)

Hi James,

Can you share some details about the machine that is running Tentacle? Is it running Windows 2003?

The step that comes after Deploy.ps1 is “Configure IIS websites”, which relies on using some Active Directory code (on Windows 2003) to try and find the site.

Perhaps the Tentacle is running under a user account that doesn’t have permission to read this; perhaps IIS 6 isn’t installed; perhaps the directory settings have been changed; perhaps a service pack is missing? The more details you can share about the server (OS version/service pack, whether IIS is installed, what user account Tentacle runs under) the more we’ll be able to work out what is happening.

Thanks,

Paul