Unhandled error on request Object reference not set to an instance of an object while registering tentancles on linux

Hi ,

I was getting the following error whne registering the tentacles in linux box

Unhandled error on request: http://172.xx.xx.xx/api/machines 4ace5abe29194392813dd8b46294463b by octopussvc : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Rules.AssignDefaultMachinePolicyToMachinesRule.BeforeMap(Machine model, MachineResource resource, ISpecialRuleContext context) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\Rules\AssignDefaultMachinePolicyToMachinesRule.cs:line 19
at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder1.ExecuteRules[TRule](Action2 ruleCallback) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Infrastructure\Api\Responder.cs:line 171
at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.CreateResponseDescriptor2.Responder.Execute() in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Infrastructure\Api\CreateResponseDescriptor.cs:line 0 at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Infrastructure\Api\Responder.cs:line 145
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.OctopusRestApiModule.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<.ctor>b__0(Object o) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\OctopusRestApiModule.cs:line 46
at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Can you please help me out.

-charan

Hi Charan,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ll need to get some further information from you here to understand what could be going wrong. I have some questions below and will require a couple of log files.

Where are you seeing this error? If it is inside Octopus and during a task, would you be able to attach the full raw log file for that task?

If this error is not occurring as a part of a task, could you attach a screen capture of this error and where you are seeing it?

Would you be able to attach a copy of your Octopus server logs? These can be found under C:\Octopus\Logs in a default installation.

What version of Octopus and Tentacle are you currently using?

How is the Tentacle configured on the Linux target? Is it using Mono, or the self contained Calamari (using .NET Core 2.0)

The above information should me identify what could be going wrong here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.