Under what conditions is the worker pool specified in the Deployment Target used?

I have a Deployment Target that has a worker pool setup like this:

It says this is the “optional worker pool”. I assumed that this pool would be used if a step did not define a worker, but I don’t have that option in my step:

If have two options, pick a worker pool directly, or pick one via a variable. But neither seems to let me pick on using the value I put into the Deployment Target.

How can I setup my Process Step to use the “optional worker pool” that is entered on the Deployment Target?

AFTER NOTE: At first I thought the Default Worker Pool might do it, but there is an actual pool created called “Default Worker Pool”:
I assume that whatever is in this pool is used when it is selected from the Process part of my project.

Hi @OctopusSchaff,

Thanks for reaching out, that is a great question and I can appreciate how it can cause confusion!

The Deployment Target’s Optional Worker Pool setting allows for configuring the Worker Pool used in the communications with that Deployment Target (e.g. Health Check) and isn’t for specifying the Worker Pool used by deployments to that target.

I’ve requested that we improve the description so that this is made a little clearer, check out this GitHub issue for any updates.

Hopefully that clarifies what’s going on with this setting, feel free to let me know if you have any further questions at all!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.