Unclosed literal string in XML

Hi
We are getting this error again when we try to deploy to Azure. Could you help us find out why?
"There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1, position 91. System.Xml.XmlException "
(Is there a more stable way to deploy to Azure than the one we are using?)

Hi @cecilia,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. I’m sorry that you are running into issues with your Azure deployment.

Is it possible you have an unescaped ' or " character that may be causing the issue? I’m happy to take a look at a deployment raw task log if you wish to provide one. Additionally, feel free to provide any other details that may be relevant.

You may attach the raw task log publically here or use our secure private upload link here.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,
Donny

For any customers that encounters a similar issue to this one:

A support ticket was opened via support@octopus.com and we were able to fix it in that ticket.

For anyone interested in the fix the step template that was used by the customer was the older Azure Web App deploy step.

Once we copied the step config over into the newer Deploy an Azure App Service step the deployment ran fine.

If you encounter any issues with your deployments using the Azure Web App deploy step it would be a good first test to copy the step actions over into a Deploy an Azure App Service step and see if it runs.

Kind Regards,

Clare

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.