Unable to see any TeamCity packages

I’m in the middle of migrating Octopus Deploy and Team City to a different server. I’ve almost finished the entire process, but am having problems getting Octopus to see any packages available in Team City’s NuGet server.

If I use Visual Studio to connect to the feed URL, I can see the packages I expect to see, so it seems like the TeamCity side of things is working, but if I put that same URL into Octopus Deploy and do a test search, no results are returned.

I can’t see anything blindingly obvious in the OctopusServer.txt log file to tell me what I’m doing wrong either (in fact, I can’t see anything to suggest it’s even attempting to make the connection, so maybe that’s my problem?).

Where else can I look to find out what’s wrong? Is there some other log file I should be looking in to help me with this issue?

Alright, so the issue isn’t as serious as I first thought. I just noticed that when I create new releases, the latest version is found, so it must be able to connect and find the packages it needs. It just seems to be the nuget feed test facility which isn’t working.

While this isn’t a big deal, and won’t keep me from working, it would be nice to work out why no results are returned, mainly for future personal reference.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is a known issue with searching external feeds in Octopus 3.4 and up which is due to us upgrading our NuGet dependencies and we’re still investigating to find a solution to the issue.

Hope that helps!

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik