Unable to process response from server: Error converting value "RunbookRunCreate" to type 'Octopus.Client.Model.Permission'. Path '[0].GrantedSpacePermissions[4]', line 20, position 24.. Response content:

I hav esome basic powershell scripts to audit some of the permissions within octopus, but since we upgraded from 2019.1 to 2019.13 I am getting this error:

Exception calling “GetAll” with “0” argument(s): "Unable to process response from server: Error converting value “RunbookRunCreate” to type
‘Octopus.Client.Model.Permission’. Path ‘[0].GrantedSpacePermissions[4]’, line 20, position 24… Response content: [
{
“Id”: “UserRoles-63”,
“Name”: “Ariel Team Configurator”,
“Description”: “Edits”
At line:1 char:1

• $repository.UserRoles.GetAll()
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : OctopusDeserializationException

Sample Powershell Script:
$endpoint = new-object Octopus.Client.OctopusServerEndpoint ($OctopusURL, $APIKey)
$repository = new-object Octopus.Client.OctopusRepository ($endpoint)
$repository.UserRoles.GetAll()

This line gives the error:
$repository.UserRoles.GetAll()

Hi @ktrommeshauser1,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you’re running into this error.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce this error, but I’m wondering if that’s because we are running different versions of octopus.client.dll?

If possible can you send me the version of Octopus Client you’re running?

Looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

Tina

The octopus client dll is 7.1.1.0

Hi @ktrommeshauser1,
Thanks for sending over your Client.dll version. Your Octopus Server and Client versions appear to be out of sync.
By chance, are you pointing to a client.dll outside of your Octopus Server instance? The default location for the client is typically located at C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus\Octopus.Client.dll, here you should find version 8.0.0.0 or higher. Running version 8.0.0.0 or higher should allow you to run your permissions audit script error-free.

Let me know if that’s not the case for you as something may have gone awry with your Server upgrade.

I hope this helps and let me know what you find.

Kind Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.