Unable to generate release notes from package meta data

Hi,

I am trying to generate release notes when I push packages from Azure DevOps server to Octopus.
Steps for publishing build information is added in my build definition.

This is my package in Octopus.

And I use below release notes template in my project

[quote=“Falcon_Francis, post:1, topic:24611, full:true”]
Hi,

I am trying to generate release notes when I push packages from Azure DevOps server to Octopus.
Steps for publishing build information is added in my build definition.

This is my package in Octopus.

And I use below release notes template in my project
Changes in this relesae:

#{each package in Octopus.Release.Package}

• #{package.PackageId} #{package.Version}

#{each commit in package.Commits}
- #{commit.Comment}
#{/each}

#{/each}

This is printing only the package IDs and not the comments attached to it as shown below

Any idea why the attached commit-comments are not getting published as part of release notes

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. Based on the screenshots, I’m guessing your server version is somewhere between 2019.5-2019.10, would that be correct? In 2019.10 we renamed the Metadata things to be Build Information.

Also from the screenshots, the commits look like they’re coming from TFVC, is that correct? Unfortunately we didn’t add support for those until 2019.13, so I’m pretty sure in the version you have your release notes template is exactly correct but the server is screening out the TFVC data. An upgrade to a version >= 2019.13 should render the notes correctly.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards
Shannon

1 Like

Hi Shannon,

My Octopus version is v2019.9.10
And commits are from AzureDevOps (TFVC).

I will try the same from one of the Git repository.
Thank you for your quick response.

Hi,

Does it work well with TFS(Git) and Octopus Deploy(Version 2019.9.10)?

Yes, using TFS Git in 2019.9 is fine, it was just TFVC that wasn’t added until latter.

Regards
Shannon

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.