Unable to edit project due to error

I have a project which I made changes to the deployment steps, now, when I click on the project I get an error

I assume there is some kind referential integrity error in this project now.

Can you advise how to fix this please?

Hi @simon.george,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. I’m sorry that you’ve run into this issue.

I hope you don’t mind, I have a few clarifying questions:

• Is this on a self-hosted installation of Octopus or are you on Octopus Cloud?
  • If self-hosted, what Octopus Server version are you currently running?
  • If Octopus Cloud, what is the URL for your instance?
  • Is this a standard Octopus Project or is this a config-as-code (Git-enabled) project?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,
Donny Bell

self-hosted - Download Octopus Server 2022.3 | Try free for up to 10 targets - Octopus Deploy

It’s a standard Octopus project.

Hi @simon.george,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Would it be possible for you to navigate to the broken project, capture a HAR file, and share that via this secure upload link? Also, if it isn’t too much trouble, could you generate and share a System Diagnostics Report?

I’m hoping there may be a hint in the HAR file as to where the in API this is failing.

Let me know once have uploaded those are your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Donny Bell

Hi Donny, I’ve done that for you

Hi @simon.george,

Thank you for providing those.

Can you confirm if the changes to the Project were made before or after the upgrade to 2022.3.10863?

We had a few issues that would have affected your previous version of Octopus, 2021.2.7650. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these bugs, upgrading does not resolve an issue (such as this one) once it has occurred. The upgrade removes the possibility of the issue occurring.

I would suggest taking a look at and trying the instructions found on this comment on a Github issue in this area. Essentially, the goal is to reset the Release Versioning settings as there is likely a broken reference.

Let me know your thoughts at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Donny Bell

Before the upgrade.

Hi @simon.george,

Thank you for confirming. That is consistent with what I was assuming on this one.

Most of the issues that generate this issue are cleared up by running the script in the comment on the Github issue linked here. It simply creates a blank project and copies the default Release Versioning settings to the broken Project so that you are able to gain access once again.

If you have any trouble with the script or the institutions, please let ms know.

Best Regards,
Donny

That script has fixed my issue, thanks

2 Likes

Hey @simon.george,

Just jumping in for Donny who is currently AFK. Great news that script worked for you, I will let Donny know, if you need anything else please reach out as we love to help over at Octopus Support!

Kind Regards and Happy Deployments,
Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.