Unable to Deploy Nodejs package to GCP Linux Tentacle Server

Hello,
I am having issues deploying a nodejs package from teamcity to a target linux VM on GCP using the “Deploy to NGINX” template , please find the error message below:

Hi Oladapob,

First off, welcome to the Octopus community! We are happy to have you join us.

Would you please send us a copy of your failing deployment task log with variable logging enabled? Also, an export of your process steps would help us match with the task log to see what is going wrong. The below image will help show where you can get those process steps.

If you would prefer not to post those on the forum, you can send the files to our secure upload here.

Thanks,
Brent

Hello Brent,

Thanks a lot for your response.
I have uploaded the logs via the secure upload link.
Thank You

Thanks for sending over the JSON steps. If you can send over the task log from a failed deployment with variable logging enabled that would be awesome. You can use the same upload link to send over that log file.

Thanks,
Brent

Hello Brent,
The log file has been uploaded.
Thank You

Hey Oladapob,

It looks like your deployment is failing due to the following lines from your task log:

Failed to enable unit: Unit file .service.service does not exist.
Failed to restart .service.service: Unit .service.service not found.

You might need to check your service file in your code to make sure you don’t have a placeholder value. It’s also possible that the system is not finding your service file at all.

Hopefully, this points you down the right path. Let me know how you progress.

Thanks,
Brent

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.