Unable to deploy Keycloak to Azure AKS

I am trying to deploy Keycloak to Azure AKS, but it looks like their versioning system (e.g. 4.8.0.Final) is incompatible with OD?

I have searched for the container image (jboss/keycloak), and it can find that. Whenever I start a deployment, it cannot fetch any versions.

Request url:

https://[redacted].octopus.app/api/feeds/feeds-docker-hub/packages/versions?packageId=jboss%2Fkeycloak&take=20&includePreRelease=true&includeReleaseNotes=false

Response body:

{
  "ItemType": "PackageVersion",
  "TotalResults": -1,
  "ItemsPerPage": 20,
  "NumberOfPages": 1,
  "LastPageNumber": 0,
  "Items": [],
  "Links": {
    "Self": "/api/feeds/feeds-docker-hub/packages/versions?packageId=jboss%2Fkeycloak&take=20&skip=0&includePreRelease=True",
    "Template": "/api/feeds/feeds-docker-hub/packages/versions?packageId=jboss/keycloak{&take,skip,includePreRelease,versionRange,preReleaseTag,filter,includeReleaseNotes}",
    "Page.All": "/api/feeds/feeds-docker-hub/packages/versions?packageId=jboss%2Fkeycloak&take=2147483647&skip=0&includePreRelease=True",
    "Page.Current": "/api/feeds/feeds-docker-hub/packages/versions?packageId=jboss%2Fkeycloak&take=20&skip=0&includePreRelease=True",
    "Page.Last": "/api/feeds/feeds-docker-hub/packages/versions?packageId=jboss%2Fkeycloak&take=20&skip=0&includePreRelease=True"
  }
}

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! The unfortunate news is currently Octopus enforces semantic versioning for container images, where 4.8.0.Final isn’t valid semver2, and would instead have to be something like 4.8.0-Final.

We understand that this is annoying for container images, as their tags are often not SemVer. We’re currently working on relaxing this restriction in the near future, and you can track the progress of this at the following link.

A previously mentioned workaround to this restriction is “to pull that image locally, tag it (with a SemVer tag), and push it to your own repository. Essentially create a new tag pointing at the one you wish to use.”

I hope this helps, and sorry it’s not better news! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like

Works like a charm, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Hi,

You’re very welcome! Glad to be of help. :slight_smile:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.