Unable to delete tenant

We are unable to delete particular tenants because we get an error message about them being associated to certificates even though that association has been removed. How do we verify the removal or manually remove the association that it thinks is still there?

Hi @jhughes,

Thanks for getting in touch! Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the error you’re seeing when attempting to delete the tenant?

Would you also be able to let me know which version of Octopus server you’re currently running?

In the meantime, I’m going to look into some previous issues we’ve seen deleting tenants and whether they may be related.

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Here is the error:

There was a problem with your request.

• You will need to edit the following certificates and remove this tenant from their tenants list: tenant1, tenant2, tenant3

Do you wish to continue?

If we click Delete, the screen flashes but nothing happens, still at the “Are you sure you want to delete this tenant?” prompt with the error.

Octopus Deploy Version: 2021.1.7665

Hi @jhughes,

Thanks for getting back with the version and info on the error message.

I have attempted to reproduce this error, but everything seems to be working as expected on my end.

Are you able to confirm that the certificates tenant, tenant2, and tenant3, have no explicitly defined tenants, and are set to Exclude from tenanted deployments?

See screenshot of my certificate restrictions below:

I’m going to continue testing on my end, but it will be helpful to have this information confirmed.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The certificates are being used still by other tenants so they are set to “Include in both tenanted and untenanted deployments” and do have other tenants defined. We have multiple tenants that are unable to be deleted though because they all think they are still associated to the same certificates.

Thanks,

James

Hi @jhughes, just jumping in here for Daniel as I read through this ticket and just wanted to get you to confirm something…

I have seen this before where tenants and also deployment targets are actually linked to archived certificates, are you able to check your archive certificates and remove the tenants from those if applicable? If you remove them from there are you then able to delete them?

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

Hi Clare,

That was the issue. Appreciate you jumping in!

Thanks,

James

Hey @jhughes,

No problem, I was about 20 minutes with a previous customer figuring that one out so thought I would save you the trouble!

Glad you can now delete those tenants, reach out if you need anything else,

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.