Unable to connect to SSH deployment targets

Two of our deployment targets have become unavailable, because the Octopus Server is unable to connect to them. So far, I have been unable to determine a reason for the loss of connectivity. We are running on Octopus Cloud, and the targets became unavailable at 1:15 AM in our timezone (which would be 3:15 PM UTC). Both affected targets are SSH targets (and the only SSH targets we have).

We are using Octopus Cloud. That being so, I have not been able to try connecting manually from the server that Octopus runs on, to see whether a connection is possible outside of Octopus.

I know that I can connect to the target servers myself.

I have attached a raw log from a failed health check on one of the two problematic targets.
ServerTasks-6774.log.txt (5.4 KB)

And then answer is, somebody had set up a firewall, shared the details with one other person, then both went on leave. When the Octopus Cloud’s non-static IP address changed, it all failed. Another process failure at our end. Move along, nothing to see here.

Hi Travis,

Glad to hear that you got this resolved!

It may be worth knowing that you can request a static ip for your Octopus Cloud instance which might help prevent this issue from occurring in future.

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist with,

Regards
Alex