Unable to adjust tenant tags if tenant it was cloned from was deleted

Hello,

I don’t know if this issue was reported by anybody yet or has been fixed in a newer release (we are a few versions behind), but I found that you are not able to adjust the tenant tags if the tenant it was cloned from was deleted. Here’s the steps I followed:

1. Create a tenant in Octopus and place some tags on it.
  2. Clone a new tenant from the one in step 1.
  3. Delete the tenant in step 1. Here’s the screenshot from what I see on the tenant settings from step 2:

1. Try to adjust the tags from the tenant created in step 2. You will get an error message stating that “one or more referenced resources do not exist”.

The workaround I found was to delete the value from the Tenant.ClonedFromTenantId column directly in the database on the tenant I created in step 2.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt Heinzelman
Cartegraph

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! I greatly appreciate you bringing this bug to our attention, and for your clear repro steps. I’ve been able to repro this in my local instance running latest (2019.13.7) and raised a bug report at the following link for you to track.

I’m sorry about the inconvenience this has caused! If you have any further questions or concerns going forward, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny!

Looking forward to a fix in a newer version. Fixing it in SQL is pretty easy to do, so we’ll use that as a workaround for now.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

You’re quite welcome! Great to hear the workaround will work for you in the time being. Thanks for letting us know where you’re at, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny