Typedown search or disabling paging of Projects page

We have quite a lot of projects in Octopus, in a few groups. At the moment, paging of the Projects page is per group, which means finding a specific project means Ctrl-F on the first page, scrolling to find the page numbers for that group, Ctrl-F again, next page, Ctrl-F again, and so on.

Would it be possible to either disable pagination, so all projects are displayed from the start, and hence Ctrl-F would work instantly, or add some kind of real-time typedown search (substring, not just prefic) of projects, so I don’t have to click through each page to find a project?

(I’m aware you can customise the projects on the dashboard - but I touch many different projects occasionally, rather than a few projects regularly)

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry for the delay in responding to you here.

Unfortunately, there is no way in Octopus to currently do this. While we do have some plans in the future to overhaul this dashboard to be more user friendly, it is not currently on our road-map.
I believe the best option right now would be to refer to our UserVoice page where you can vote/comment on suggestions. I had a good look around and was able to find the following suggestion:

I’m not sure if it is the highest voted relevant suggestion for the subject, however, while this is not on our current road-map, it is something we will be aiming towards in the future.

You are also more than welcome to create your own UserVoice suggestions if you desire. :slight_smile:

Let me know how you go.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I’ve voted on that UV issue.

As the original poster there mentioned, the current layout definitely has some scalability issues when you get to larger numbers of projects:

•      The pagination half way down the browser viewport is tricky to find

•      The project icons take up a large amount of space without really adding any value – a simple list (like in the Library page) would be much easier to work with

•      The lack of search / filter makes it tricky to find projects when there are a lot

For reference, here’s what a (very zoomed out) view of our projects page looks like:
[cid:image001.png@01D2C3F4.A3BD62A0]

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for voting on the issue! Let me know if you have any further questions at all. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel