Is there such a way that we can set up a workflow where a Jenkins build will be triggered thru Octopus?
- Developers commit to SVN repository (e.g. http://svn/MyProject)
- Jenkins is set up to pull and build from the SVN repository, no automated trigger. I plan to trigger the build manually. The build will also package and push to Octopus.
- User accesses Octopus, maybe click a button and trigger the Jenkins build.
- The Jenkins build creates a new release in Octopus.
- User deploys the new release to TEST
Is this plausible? We have sort of an inexperienced developers. They commit trivial changes to our repository so I don’t want to automate the releasing and pushing of the packages every time a commit is made.